Friends,
It has been on my mind for sometime now, to write my mind, experiences, opinions....'sometime' is like more than ten years now..Its like that 7yrs itch, that most of us want to write some experiences as some of our friends are kind enough to tolerate and motivate us to narrate such experiences...but I was lazy enough to push it to the next day.."NaaLe Baa" - in Kannada it means "Come tomorrow". In our child hood we used to write this on our front doors as some senior kids had told us - if you don't write this, a witch will enter your house in the midnight..We not only wrote this on our home's front door, but would check other houses in our locality as well, because we cared for their well-being. We used to wait for occupants to go out or the door is closed and make sure no-one is around to yell at us and completed this operation successfully I even went ahead to offer my free service to correct the spelling mistakes by some kids. Of course, I did not want the kannada literate witch to enter any house because of our spelling mistake! Oh! this is not about the witch touching lives...:D So, I was telling about my motivation to write a blog, even if you are not so keen to know, I would still tell you ;-) Some incidents happened about 4-5 years ago made me think(Of course, for few years I could only think logic and no emotion!). Finally today I made up my mind to write down, just to break the laziness.
I'd heard and read many times that - touching lives is the most divine thing in life. I understood the meaning, emotion and knew great stories of great humans. But these events made me experience that. I have three stories to tell you.
I will start the first one with my ajji(grandma) who is my ideal..kind, beautiful, strong, benevolent, friendly, smart....Some years ago, she fractured her shoulder and was in very much pain. Took mostly a year to recover and she went through too much pain. I took her to one of my friends who is a doc and he treated her. I asked her how she feels now - she held my hand and said pls convey this to the doc that because of him I'm out of this pain. I don't know how many like me are indebted to him for such great service he is into. Her hands trembling, the expression of gratitude in her tears filled eyes - I felt - yes this is "touching lives".
------ CONTINUED Part-2
I will start the first one with my ajji(grandma) who is my ideal..kind, beautiful, strong, benevolent, friendly, smart....Some years ago, she fractured her shoulder and was in very much pain. Took mostly a year to recover and she went through too much pain. I took her to one of my friends who is a doc and he treated her. I asked her how she feels now - she held my hand and said pls convey this to the doc that because of him I'm out of this pain. I don't know how many like me are indebted to him for such great service he is into. Her hands trembling, the expression of gratitude in her tears filled eyes - I felt - yes this is "touching lives".
------ CONTINUED Part-2
No comments:
Post a Comment